The following courses have just been added or have recently changed:
- British Sign Language - An Introduction (NA73)SPECIAL PRICE £20 if you are low waged or unemployed, or low skilled (level 2 or below) or want to progress to more sustainable employment (conditions apply) - If this is you, contact us to book! Absolute beginners are invited to join us to learn the basics of British Sign Language. Immerse yourself in this interactive course, which will provide you with the skills and confidence to communicate with those who have deafness or hearing loss. You will learn a multitude of signs - topics which include: finger spelling, family, emotions, numbers, colours and much more. You will be taught to understand facial expressions, hand shapes and tips for fluency, all of which lead you to communicate using British Sign Language.
- Cookery: Curry House Favourites NEW MENU (N131)For all lovers of Indian food - learn to prepare popular 'Curry House' recipes at home. We will make well known curry house dishes, rices and Indian breads. Learn through practical experience and gain confidence with herbs and spices to achieve the subtle blend of exotic flavours.
- English For Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (NA53)SPECIAL PRICE £20 if you are low waged or unemployed, or low skilled (level 2 or below) or want to progress to more sustainable employment (conditions apply) - If this is you, contact us to book! STANDARD RATE £69.00 A friendly, informal class for those whose first language is not English. These sessions will cover a range of topics to help navigate everyday life; from first introductions and meeting people to holding conversations and communicating at work. Whether you are a beginner or already have a basic understanding you will work to improve on all areas of the language; speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Flowers: Introduction to Floristry as a Business NEW (ND63)SPECIAL PRICE £30 if you are low waged or unemployed, or low skilled (level 2 or below) or want to progress to more sustainable employment (conditions apply) - If this is you, contact us to book! You will create simple commercial floral designs and learn about their costing, planning and time keeping as an introduction into the world of commercial floristry. Ideal if you want to take your floral skills to the next level but are unsure if commercial floristry is for you. This course is also suitable if you just would like to know more about successful floral design.
- Reflexology - An Introduction to Becoming a Reflexology Practitioner NEW (NA62)SPECIAL PRICE £20 if you are low waged or unemployed, or low skilled (level 2 or below) or want to progress to more sustainable employment (conditions apply) - If this is you, contact us to book! This introductory course relates to body systems and the techniques and reflex points associated to them and will also be of benefit to all in that a skill will have been gained to help aches and pains in the major joints and spine for self-help and for friends and family. Importantly there will be significant opportunities for extended learning within the course for any student that wishes to progress their career.
- Reiki I - An Introduction (NB81)Reiki is a healing energy that is passed on from a Reiki Master Teacher to a student through an attunement. It enables the student to receive this healing energy to promote relaxation and healing in themselves and others. Reiki I is the foundation course and can lead to the next level of Reiki II which would then enable the student to channel more energy for themselves, others and situations as well as “send” healing. Reiki II is seen as the practitioner status and those taking this level can become insured to offer this healing art to the general public. Reiki I will more specifically cover meditations, Reiki history, Reiki principles, Eastern/Western energy systems, attunements (students must receive all four attunements to enable the Reiki healing energy to flow through them), treatment process for self and others. There will be continuing assessments and tests during the course. A certificate of qualification will be issued at the end of the course. This will act as a pre-requisite should the student want to develop their training to the next level of Reiki II.
- Wellness Boost (NB80)Understand what true wellness is and how it affects your body, mind and soul. We will look at: • Meditation • Drumming • Massage • Aromatherapy • Emotional Freedom Technique • Reiki healing • Crystals and Colour